Turning that vision into reality is all about having a plan. And you can get a first-hand look at some of HART's plans for the future right on our website.
Rapid Transit Investment Plan
This is the big enchilada, the major plan for adding hundreds of miles of new service and introducing new types of transit systems to Hillsborough County. The Rapid Transit Investment Plan lays out exactly what you can expect if the November referendum to fund additional transit service is approved. For example:
- More service on existing bus routes, including 10-minute frequency on our busiest routes during peak travel times
- Longer operating hours, with selected routes operating 24 hours
- Expanded service for people with disabilities
- New local and express routes
- Expanded HART Flex neighborhood transit service
- Introduction of new rapid service like bus rapid transit and light rail
To download an information-packed brochure on the plan in PDF version, click here.
Planning and Projects Page
There are other projects in the works at HART that you can learn about on the website. The Planning and Projects page gives you an overview of MetroRapid (HART's bus rapid transit system), a link to the TECO Line Streetcar System extension project, and the results of our bus stop evaluation study.
With all the information you can access on HART's website, you could say the future of HART is just a point and click away.